Maggie's Monster Bike and Hike − Participant's Terms & Conditions
This event is being organised on behalf of The Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust, a company limited by guarantee (Company number SC162451) and having its Registered Office at The Stables, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU ("Maggie's"), (registered as a charity in Scotland with number SCO24414). WildFox Events (the "organisers") is being employed to organise the event on our behalf.
By signing this form you are registering to take part in Maggie's Monster Bike and Hike (the "Event") and you are agreeing to the following conditions of entry and any instructions given to you by Maggie's, the organisers, officials and marshals before, during or after the event:
- You will be at least 18 years of age on May 3rd 2014.
- You will pay Maggie's an initial non-refundable registration fee of £75 (Early Bird) or £150 (full registration fee). Your place is not secured until this fee is received.
- You will endeavour to raise at least the minimum sponsorship requirement of £375 per person
- You will comply with Maggie's guidelines when raising sponsorship and fundraising for the Event. Maggie's will send you details of these guidelines in due course.
- You will send all of the sponsorship money, which you have raised, to Maggie's as soon as possible.
- You must comply with all relevant legislation when fundraising on behalf of Maggie's, please get in touch with us if you have any questions
- Neither Maggie's nor the organisers will carry insurance in relation to your participation in the Event so it is your responsibility to obtain any necessary insurance in connection with the Event.
- You / your team give permission to use your name, photograph, voice, or likeness in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion, or other account of this event (including any web- based content, social networking site or external website hosting content on behalf of Maggie's or the organiser), or marketing, or promotion for future or similar events and waive any rights of privacy that you may have in that regard.
- Any photographs or videos taken at the event will be usable by Maggie's and the organisers in any future publication and on the website.
- If cancellation occurs due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as a national emergency, natural disaster, fire, bad weather, or other such events (acts of force majeure), then Maggie's will advise you as soon as it is reasonable to do so.
- If Maggie’s and the event organisers have to change details of the event such as distance, route or date then Maggie’s will advise you as soon as it is reasonable to do so.
- If you cannot take your place on the Event due to unforeseen circumstances, you will forward the sponsorship money which you have raised so far to Maggie's Centres, 1st Floor, 1 Waterloo Street, Glasgow, G2 6AY (All cheques must be made payable to Maggie's Centres.)
- You will make sure that you have the appropriate level of fitness for the Event. Neither Maggie's nor the organiser has any responsibility to ensure that you are fit and ready to take part in the Event although the organisers will make advice and training guidelines available to you.
- You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, you are currently in a good state of health and that you will not take part in the Event unless you are in a good state of health at the time. If you have any health concerns at any time about taking part in the Event you should speak to your doctor.
- If you will be over 65 years of age at the time of the Event you must provide Maggie's with a letter or form from your GP stating that you are fit to take part in the Event.
- You are taking part in the Event at your own risk. Neither Maggie's nor the organisers will have any responsibility for any risk, loss or costs which you incur in connection with the Event and you will indemnify Maggie's, the organisers and any persons acting on their behalf for any risk, damages, loss or costs arising as a result of your participation in the Event.
- You will provide Maggie's, the organisers and any persons acting on their behalf, with information, which they may request in connection with the Event in a timely manner.
- Prior to and during the event you will be responsible for your own safety, you will take all reasonable care to ensure the safety of other participants and you will comply promptly with all instructions and guidelines given by Maggie's, the organisers and any persons acting on their behalf.
- If you are using your own bike you must ensure that it is mechanically sound and roadworthy. Safety-approved cycling helmets are compulsory.
- To ensure the health and safety of our participants the organisers will be pairing all teams of two who leave our Silver checkpoint in Drumnadrochit after 5pm with another team. This will ensure all teams are of adequate size should they need the support of their fellow participants during the challenging 18 miles to the Gold finish. Please listen to the advice of our event staff as your health and safety is of the up-most concern to them.
- You accept that the interests and reputation of Maggie's are of paramount importance.
- Maggie's may at any time and at its sole discretion, cancel the Event, withdraw your place on the Event or exclude you from the Event.